Owen thinks he has learned a magic word. That word being "Please".
"Mom, can I stay up all night watching 'Green Eggs and Ham' movie? Please?"
"Mom, can I eat cookies for breakfast? Please?"
"Mom, can you take Holly's toys away from her and give them all to me? Please?"
Of course my answer to all these silly requests is "NO!"
And of course his response to my turning him down so harshly is, "But I said PUH-LEASE!" while he is thinking "So you have to give me what I want!"
Of, if only the world were that easy little Owen.
- - - I want enough money so I will never have to worry about it again, PLEASE!
- - - I want to eat See's Peanut Brittle for breakfast and dinner and wear a size 4, PLEASE!
- - - I want my kids to always listen to what I tell them, and be happy about it, PLEASE!
- - - I want my husband to always know I am right, PLEASE!
- - - I want a house that stays clean all by itself, PLEASE!
- - - I want to have a contraption in my house that lets me travel anywhere in the world instantly so I don't have to deal with airports ever again, PLEASE!
Hmmmm...do you think just saying please can get me all those things? Probably not. I guess Owen will learn that one day too. But at least he's polite...and that's probably the most important thing.
2 comments:
oh the magic word! I love it Brock signs this word often mostly because he will want something and I say he needs to ask nicely, so his then signs "please" I think it is just about the cutest thing ever.
You're awesome! Great post!
Post a Comment