All my brothers are living in Utah now. So on Valentine's day my dad bought all my brother's kids a candy bar. He decided that just because Owen and Holly live 2500 miles away they should get a candy bar too. Lucky for Scott and me he decided to throw in a few extras!
For Scott he included a DVD with some interviews or something about that old TV show, "The Prisoner". If you haven't had the pleasure of watching "The Prisoner" I wouldn't recommend it. But Scott and my dad seem to like it for some reason, so Scott was tickled pink with his new DVD!
And my dad didn't forget me. I have been bugging him for a few months now to send me some SEES Peanut Brittle. Dang, that stuff is good! If you haven't had the pleasure of eating some SEES Peanut Brittle, I would highly recommend it. The only problem is that it's hard to get your hand on a box of it in Massachusetts. You can buy it online and pay huge shipping cost, or you can just bug your father who lives in Utah to send you a box. And he did! What a great dad I have. He also sent me another hard to find in Massachusetts candy...Cinnamon Bears, and Chocolate covered cinnamon bears...Yummy!
The bad news, I gave up candy/cake/cookies/brownies for LENT! I know I'm not Catholic, but I think Lent is a fun tradition. So every year for Lent I give up sugary treats. I have only made it the whole 40 days once before, but I am determined to finish it this year. I've gotten through the withdrawl headaches, and now I'm not craving it too much. So the Peanut Brittle and Cinnamon Bears will have to wait for another day.
The kids still enjoyed their chocolate bars though.


6 comments:
next year i will send you a pink cookie!!
yes you do have a great dad, he is always looking our for you.
It's nice you all got something for Valentine's day from the Chuckster!!!!
It's nice your dad all of his family something for Valentine's day. Oh, did I say "all"??? My mistake!!!
I like Lent too. Since I'm breastfeeding, lately for Fast Sunday I've not given up food of course, but still wanted to do something so it has mostly been giving up the Internet that day. I feel withdrawal headaches from that too! How sad is my life.
gee i thought i got everyone what they wanted. the kids a candy bar, scott a dvd, brianne see's candy and then there is the other person who always says "dont buy me anything, i dont need anything, i dont want anything". i didn't get her anything and now she seems unhappy. someone please shoot me now.
Post a Comment