Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
I know that January 5th might seem a little late for those greetings, but I say better late then never! From reading all your blogs we know that you all had a pretty good Christmas and New Year...we did too. Who could ask for anything more?
We were lucky enough to have Scott's family over on Christmas Eve. We ate way too much food, played some games and enjoyed each other's company. Owen and Holly got to open up gifts from their Grandma Sheaffer and Aunt Tracey/Uncle Gary. Holly opened her first gift and was all set for the rest of the Christmas. She got her first Cabbage Patch Doll...

And she LOVED it! I've never seen a smile that big before. Since then she carries that doll around with her everywhere, along with the other Cabbage Patch Doll she got from Santa.

Santa did show up! Here the kids are sporting their new cuddly PJs that they got to open on Christmas Eve.

Many people have told me to enjoy having Christmas with little kids because they are so easy to please. They weren't lying. Look how excited Owen is to be getting new dishes!

And "Ta Da! It's Clothes!" (Overheard by Owen after opening his clothes)
I tried to get him to hold them up better...this is the best he could do though.

Holly also got lots of clothes. There is nothing like getting Christmas presents that you actually need.
Owen did get some toys. His favorite...this spiffy Little Einsteins computer. We had lots of fun with that one on Christmas day.
And somewhere along the way Owen lost his PJs. There's nothing like opening presents in your underwear I guess!On to New Years Eve!
We got about an inch of snow on New Years Eve. Just the right amount of snow for Holly to have her first experience with snow.
Look at the snow coming down! Actually that is Owen throwing snow on Holly. I took a picture at just the right second. Luckily Holly is a good sport about it all. I had lots of fun following Holly around the yard while she discovered snow. She did not want to come in after about 2 hours of playing in the snow (Owen had long since gone inside). Here are a few more pictures of our fun time in the snow.

As for the rest of New Years Eve...it was pretty quiet. We just had a small party with just the 4 of us. There was pizza, cookies, brownies, and jello jigglers...and an exciting game of Candy Land! The kids and I were in bed by 9:50. Scott stayed up and watched "The Twilight Zone" marathon on Syfy.
Here's hoping you take some advice from Holly and have a relaxing 2010!
1 comment:
Great pics as always! I admire that you got out any kind of season greeting. I put off Christmas cards, didn't blog for a couple of weeks or so around Christmas, threw in the towel for the alternative New Year's Card to replace the botched Christmas card plan, and so on. Ah fooey, maybe next year.
Post a Comment