Wednesday, November 4, 2009

"I Need Candy" said Owen

We had a pretty busy Halloween this year, but we still had lots of fun.

In the morning I took Holly in to get her 1 year pictures taken. That was quite the chore. Holly does not like to sit still for anything, especially not to get her pictures taken. I think they turned out pretty cute though. I forgot to get the CD with the pictures on it though, so the pictures above were scanned in...that's why they look a bit blurry and splotchy. I guess we need a new scanner.

Then we had to carve our pumpkin. Owen wanted nothing to do with pulling all the pumpkin guts out, but Holly was all about getting down and dirty.

Owen was pretty proud of his one toothed pumpkin though. I know it won't win any pumpkin carving contest, but oh well. (It did have two teeth at first, but my knife cut a little too far, whoops!)

Then we got the kids ready to go trick-or-treating. I took Owen and Holly around to our neighbors houses and a few others. Then Scott and Owen went out in the rain to visit the rest of our fine city and get some candy! They come home soaking wet, but they seemed to have had fun anyway.

Holly also got her first trick-or-treat candy, and she thoroughly enjoyed it. One of our neighbors gave her a sucker (or a lollipop as Scott calls them) while she was sitting in the back of the stroller. I didn't unwrap it for her, but she pretty much sucked through the parts of the wrapper. So I unwrapped it for her and she ate the whole darn thing, tootsie roll center and all. It seems she has inherited her mother's sweet tooth.

1 comment:

grandpachuck said...

i see you are still using the pumpkin hat. what is a little rain when candy is involved? did edward go trick or treating?