It's been two weeks since we found out we are having a girl, and we are no closer to finding a name for her! This is very frustrating to me because we knew right away what Owen's name was going to be. It's a lot of pressure trying to figure out a name that somebody is going to have to carry around for the rest of their life! This would be a lot easier if we were having a boy! We had already picked out the name Isaac. So now the search for a girls name is on.
I want something that everybody has heard before, but that isn't in the top 25 names for girls last year. When I was growing up nobody had ever heard my name before, so every time I met somebody new I had to repeat my name and then spell it out for them...I don't my daughter to have to go through that. I came up with 4 names I thought I could live with; Cara, Claire, Kristen or Quinn. Then I set up a poll for friends and family to vote on which name they liked the best. That was going OK until one of my brothers decided to vote American Idol style for Kristen a couple hundred times! Now I'm not sure if one of those names is what I want either! This is so frustrating. I always thought it would be so easy to name a girl. I loved the name Lindsey from the time I was a little girl and I always said I would name my first daughter Lindsey. But when I saw her on the ultrasound I knew her name wasn't Lindsey.
So the search goes on. Hopefully she has a name before her first birthday, but I'm not very hopeful with the way things are going right now.
Wish me luck!
4 comments:
Good luck, I know that can be frustrating!
Hey, welcome to blogging. Don't worry or panic about her name, it will come. Hopefully sooner than later so you can rest your mind. Ask Owen what he thinks...LOL. Keep us posted.
Welcome to the blogging world! Personally, I love the name Claire. I'm looking forward to seeing how you and your little family are doing!
thinking of names is one of my favorite things to do!It seems like you like the "ca" sounding names... I was looking at some c names online.
ive always been partial to
carly or carlee.
Im sure whatever you choose will be as beautiful as your little gal.
blogging is fun :)
Post a Comment