Friday, June 27, 2008

Flashback Friday - - - Ho Ho Ho...Green Giant!


OK...I'm steeling this idea from Jenn, who stole it from somebody else. I probably won't flashback every Friday though...only when I have something that seems worthy of flashing back!

When I was in high school I was a little crazy. I was looking through my closet the other day when I found my Jolly Green Giant T-Shirt that my friends Alisha and Aleisha had given me for my birthday (At least I think it was my birthday...it was a gift for something). So then I remembered why they had given it to me. One year for Halloween I decided to dress up like the Jolly Green Giant. I have no idea why. For details you would have to ask my friend Alisha. She seems to remember EVERYTHING! I wish I had a memory like her. But on the day of Halloween I borrowed a knit green dress from my mom's friend (It was mainly a HUGE green t-shirt with a belt, but it was considered a dress) My dad took me to Fred Myers and we bought some face paint which I seem to remember being more gold than green. I also used a green knit hat to cover my head. I looked nothing like the Jolly Green Giant, except the fact that I was wearing all green! We went to the high school and people kept asking me what I was...nobody guessed the Jolly Green Giant though. I think they thought I was a giant booger or something. It was not a pretty sight! Afterwords we went to Trafalga in Orem, which is where we got these picture taken. I am of course the one on the top...then comes Aleisha, Souk and Alisha. It was a fun night though....I have some great memories from hanging out with these girls in high school! Sometimes I miss those carefree days. Now we are all grown up with families of our own. At least Alisha, Aleisha and I are. I'm not sure about Souk. The last time I saw her was a few days after I got married. I hope everything is good with her though. Maybe someday we'll meet again!


4 comments:

Aleisha said...

Hmm, I'm not sure where my comment went so I hope this is not a duplicate. Anyway, Brianne, I can't believe you posted this picture! My kids got a good laugh out of it, though. What in the world was I trying to be? --Aleisha

Jenn said...

You gals are CRAZY! Those pictures are so funny. Ah, the fun times we have before we had kids! Not that now is so bad, it is just a new kind of fun- I think?!

Joe Tenney said...

Ahhhh, I laughed so hard while reading this post that I'm crying. I must admit, it was me who gave you the idea. We were brainstorming and I was just kidding when I threw that idea out. Imagine my surprise when you showed up at Halloween Hallways at the high school as the jolly green giant. I was so shocked- I didn't even recognize you! It was a great costume. I don't know if you remember or not, but I also dared you to go into the Shell gas station that Aleisha worked at and say, "Ho, ho, ho, green giant!" And you did it! Oh, fun times...Aleisha if I remember correctly was a Warewolf, Souk was a security guard (too bad she washed off her mustache for the picture- it was great), and I was some sort of weirdo with a blue face. Oh boy. Thanks for the laugh. We sure did have fun:)

Brianne said...

Wow Alisha! I cannot believe your memory! I wish I could have half the memory you did. Could you please write down everything I did in high school so I can remember. You are lucky to have such a great memory! Thank you for reminding me how crazy I was again!