Friday, March 19, 2010

Hair Cuts

A few weeks ago Owen was in need of a good haircut. He was looking a bit too shabby for my likin'!

Usually when he needs a haircut I take him down to our local $10 haircut joint, he sits on my lap, screams while I hold him down, and they cut his hair. Then I pay the nice lady who cut his hair an extra $3 for putting up with all the screaming. So I had the great idea that I would buy some clippers and cut his hair at home, in front of his favorite TV show. That should distract him enough so I could get his hair cut and save a few bucks in the long run.
I bought the clippers, brought them home and read the directions on how to cut hair. I got Owen seated in the kitchen watching his new favorite "movie" ("The Lorax" on youtube). I gave him a sucker, and hoped that he would happily suck away and be blissfully unaware of what was happening on his head. No such luck. As soon as the clippers turned on he started screaming. From there it was all fight. I tried to get Scott to help me by holding him, but he was no help. He just sat there glaring at me like I was murdering his son. Finally after about 20 minutes I was done. His hair wasn't perfect, but it was good enough.
Owen was pretty happy after his hair was done being cut too. He acted like nothing traumatic that would scar him for life had happened. I was traumatized though. I think for now I will just continue to take him to the $10 ($13) haircutting joint. Hopefully someday he will over come his fear of the clippers!

3 comments:

grandpachuck said...

i think paying a professional is a good idea. less stress on all of you.

Kim, Marci, and Family said...

Your brave to even try it yourself! One day he will just be fine with it! You'll be amazed, until then, try bribing, begging, pleading, maybe one of those will work ;)

Emily said...

Sounds like Myles...that is why he looks shabby MOST OF THE TIME! :)

Brianne, you have such a cute little family. I hope you are doing well in every way!