Thursday, January 8, 2009

Jumpin' Holly

Yesterday we had one of those fun New England winter storms! I hope you can hear my sarcasm. I don't ever remember having storms like the ones we have in New England when I lived in Utah. But then again I never had to shovel the snow in Utah. So yesterday we had snow, then ice, then sleet, then rain, then sleet, then more snow. I don't know the exact order they came in, but it made a mess. Instead of just fluffy snow to shovel we had heavy slush and ice to try to pry off our drive-way. Scott worked from 5:00 AM - 6:00 PM yesterday...so he was beat by the time he got home. I told him I would shovel if he would watch the kids. We didn't want to let it freeze overnight. So for 2 hours I was out in the rain chipping ice and slush off the driveway. What fun that was! Today my back is killing me...my legs are like rubber and my hands have blisters. I guess I need to get out and exercises more! Hey...at least I might have lost a few pounds!

Since we had all the bad weather daycare was cancelled for Owen. So we stayed home in our pajamas all day. Holly has been holding her head up very well, so I decided to pull out Owen's old jumper to see if she would like to hang out in it for a while. Her little head barely poked out over the top, and Owen seemed determined to swing her as high as he could. So maybe we'll try it again when we get back from Utah.


Here is little Holly today...doesn't she look happy that her brother isn't home trying to swing her from the rafters! Actually, I was just talking to her. She loves it when people talk to her. She is definitely a girl...and a social butterfly already!

2 comments:

grandpachuck said...

i am so happy you will be here next week. yesterday we had the terrible trio over and next week it will be the fearsome foursome. i cant wait. the house will never be the same again. lincoln has taken a few steps already!!

holly should be lots of fun. she cant complain very much yet or get into anything.

Unknown said...

Brianne!
Your kids are so cute.
especially that last smiley picture of Holly. Beautiful :)